Recently, The Centered Life therapists, Aneta and Jennifer were asked to be guests on the blog talk radio show on Sirius XM radio, Miscarriage Matters to discuss, “The Path to Victory”. Miscarriage Matters is a radio show dedicated to discussing topics regarding miscarriage, offering support and a listening ear. As the radio show host Danielle Langford mentions, healing can only begin once the decision is made to let go of unforgiveness. In order to be able to move forward with the healing process, it is essential to forgive yourself.
Danielle Langford is an empowerment specialist, professional speaker, radio blog host, and workshop facilitator. Her passion is inspiring, teaching and motivating women, teen girls and others with workshops and presentations focused on self-esteem, body image, social media, and healthy relationships. She is the founder of www.pinkempowers.com. Danielle also wrote the book, “Letters For My Son”.
Remember that you are not alone! If you feel like you are struggling with the loss, there are services readily available to you. You can chat live with a trained professional at www.mymiscarriagematters.org or call one of our therapists and schedule an appointment to come in and talk in person. We are here to help and support you as you are going through a difficult time in your life!
On the Miscarriage Matters show, Aneta and Jennifer discussed:
– What does victory look like?
– What’s more important…the victory or the path?
– Overcoming unhealthy thinking and unhealthy behaviors
– The ramifications of unforgiveness
– The process of healing
– The importance of support and encouragement
Click HERE to the listen to the show!
Aneta and Jennifer
Spring is officially here! Hopefully the weather cooperates soon 😉 Spring is a time of renewal, learning to form and embrace a new version of yourself.
The Centered Life recently partnered with the blog talk radio show “Miscarriage Matters” as a part of the series Renewal of Body, Mind, and Soul. I was invited to be a guest by Danielle Langford. Danielle is an Empowerment Specialist and Workshop Facilitator, who created pinkempowers.com and is also the host of Miscarriage Matters. Miscarriage Matters is a radio show educating the public about miscarriage and loss and how it truly affects a person by offering friendship and a listening ear.
Miscarriage is important to talk about as it happens to women and families everywhere. Miscarriage does not discriminate. Through my work with clients who have experienced a miscarriage, I have gathered that there seems to be this attached shame of talking about it and rushed sense of needing to grieve quickly or if at all. Miscarriage Matters radio exists to let you know that you are not alone and to offer support.
Renewal involves establishing the new normal. Specifically, it is learning to form and embrace a “new version” of yourself with the loss now being a part of you; as a part of your identity.
Here are 8 helpful aspects to consider as you start your journey towards a “new normal”:
- First and foremost, know that you are not alone. You will never get over the miscarriage, but you can get through it.
- Allow yourself to grieve! Allow yourself to go through the grieving process by acknowledging the loss and learning to sit with the pain and to seek support.
- Increase your self-care by challenging feelings of guilt, getting involved in things that promote empowerment, and embracing self-love.
- Find your sense of self again. Give yourself permission to go through the grieving process- no matter what that looks like.
- We are emotional beings: express yourself through the process. Allow yourself to cry, be sad, and be angry, etc.
- It is okay to laugh! Experiencing joy is okay, even when you feel sadness and pain.
- Renewal starts when you are ready; sometimes loss becomes more painful, before it gets better
- Know that your experience is unique and grief is not linear. With that being said, there is no time frame or formula for grief. Everyone grieves differently and that is okay. It all depends on the culture, background, experience, situation, and of course the individual.
I encourage you to seek counseling as it can be tremendously helpful to validate your experience. Additionally, I encourage you to seek support through a religious or spiritual affiliation, volunteering, joining a club or organization, and from family/friends. As Danielle said in the show, “Sometimes you need to go outside, to get renewed inside”.
Please be sure to tune in weekly on Tuesdays at 7pm CST to listen to Danielle Langford and Miscarriage Matters. You can connect with Danielle and the rest of the Miscarriage Matters team at blogtalkradio.com/miscarriagematters. You can email them email@example.com. I also encourage you to check out Danielle’s website here for inspiration and a schedule of her upcoming workshops!
You can listen to this radio show segment HERE .